Thursday, May 22, 2008

If king sings...!!!

Like many people, I too used to sing in bathroom - As this would be the best in acoustics among all places in a house. That time, I could feel the richness and pleasing nature of my voice. That practice gives me confidence. The thirst is not at all leaving my mind.

Since my childhood, I'm interested in singing. Though I was appreciated B.H.Abdul Hameed for the song Anbendra mazhaiyiley.. (Minsaara kanavu) during an audition test, I was rejected. I was not disappointed, but tried to improve myself by trying out various possibilities.

Then during my first year in college, I participated in a competition held in trichy and secured first place for the song Kaalaiyil dhinamum.. (New). I was startled, 6/10 contestants were from orchestras. It gave me some confidence.

Then after joining Emmeskay, I once again attended audition test in front of Ramesh Praba. I sang Poi solla koodathu.. kaadhali.. (Run). But this time, i myself could feel a nasty turn in my voice because of very low temperature in the audition room(though, this should not be cited as a reason). I was not selected.

Recently, I tried recording my voice. I'm not aware of recording theaters. So, I decided to do it in my office, where i can have a serene ambiance. Morning 9.30 is a very early work time in my office, as almost all employees swipe by 11.o0, sometimes even at 12.30. I started recording by 9.30 and It took some 0.5 hr to arrive at a final draft. Then I heard it. It was not good. Additionally, I could hear some pink noise and sound of breathing. Again dejected with my attempt.

Now I looking for a recording theater, where with all typical features i may record my voice. Further, I'm in process of writing my own lyrics for my own composition, so as to present my genuine content. Hoping to see a progress!!!

3 comments:

«AM» said...

Ooh nice initiative. Best of luck!

RAJA said...

kings kalakkal.. all the best da..

Murali R said...

woow.. nice da.. it's nice to know u're into singing.. i'm a bathroom singer myself.. hail bathroom singers.. :)